Sunday, September 27, 2009

belle luce

this is belle luce

(beautiful light)

in franklin tennessee.

an extraordinary private estate located on 30 acres atop one of the highest elevations in williamson county.

i believe it is only 17 million to purchase...

i'll take two, please...

recently this beautiful home has been open for viewing (for charity) and used to present a very rare collection of bronze sculptures by

Auguste Rodin.



i had the privilege of touring this fantastic home and i fell in love with the use of curves and arches...

here are a few.



























besides the Rodin pieces for sale,this estate also featured artwork by other current artists. what a great marketing idea to use this home as an art gallery and use the admission for charity.

and a fantastic opportunity for the general public to view this masterpiece of a home.

my girlfriend told me that after we toured the estate,

she had to go home and take a nap...

exhausted from all the beauty!


the sun is shining today in tennessee! after two weeks of rain (second wettest september on record) this is surely a welcome sight, and i am going outside to play!


please join anne marie and other black and white sunday bloggers at












4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

you and Jackie today are trying at my humility!

that place is sooo divine.......wow.........

awesome photos Erin - thanks for sharing.....

Carole said...

I found myself holding my breath through all the incredible images. I laughed at the comment from your friend about being exhausted from all the beauty...it does take your breath away. My favorite I think is the view from the doorway of the tub with the chandelier. I could just live in that room and never leave.
We must be getting your rain today. Needed here... we haven't had much this month.
Enjoy the sunshine today Erin,
xo,
Carole

Julie@beingRUBY said...

HI Erin
What a beautiful glorious place to visit
The dark and shade in your photos certainly give me a feel for it's majestic elegance and grandeur .. They are all fabulous, #5 my favourite! It must of been a great day walking through this treasure!

Have a fun week [weekend must be nearly over by now] and send that rain this way!! haha x Julie

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh what a heavenly place. The photo's are just wonderful. The third from last is just magnificent.... and only 17 mil, well I never :o
xoxo